Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Manicure 2015

Today I have a Cinco de Mayo manicure to share!

Nail stamping manicure featuring white base stamped in copper with Mexican themed images. The ring finger accent nail features a copper base topped with a white and silver micro-glitter mix, an emerald green glitter polish, a red glitter polish, and then stamped stamped with the words 'Viva Mexico' in white.
Cinco de Mayo Manicure
I kind of did this one in a rush, so there are so many things that I would change about it if I had to do it again! I do like the overall look though, and it also inspired another manicure idea which I hope to do shortly. Here are the polishes that I used to create this look:

Polishes Used:
Plates Used:
China Glaze ‘White on White’
Cheeky Jumbo Plate 1 ‘Viva Mexico’
L.A. Girl Glitter Addict ‘Animate’

Konad Special Polish ‘White’

L.A. Girl Glitter Addict ‘Purge’

China Glaze ‘The Outer Edge’

Essie ‘Penny Talk’


China Glaze ‘White on White’, L.A. Girl Glitter Addict ‘Animate’, Konad Special Polish ‘White’, L.A. Girl Glitter Addict ‘Purge’, China Glaze ‘The Outer Edge’, and Essie ‘Penny Talk’
Polishes Used
I absolutely love this Cheeky Beauty 'Viva Mexico' plate! The designs are so bold and intricate, and they look fantastic stamped on the nail. I really love how the white and copper stamping of the full nail images from this plate turned out. However, I would have loved to be able to spend a little more time designing the accent nail.

I ended up using 'Penny Talk' as a copper base coat,  and then topping it with three different glitters: 'The Outer Edge', a white and silver micro-glitter polish; 'Animate', a red glitter; and 'Purge', an emerald green glitter. I then covered everything with some top coat, and then stamped the script images. I like the idea of using the different glitters, but the way I used them, the individual glitter polishes get lost in the mix, and even worse, 'The Outer Edge', the most delicate glitter of the bunch, can barely be seen!

 I realized after the fact that I could have done a three colour glitter gradient to help the glitters really stand out, and also to be a little more reminiscent of the Mexican Flag. Then I could have stamped over the white part in the centre with the writing in black. I also don't think I would go with the copper base if I had to do it again. Here are some close-up shots of the accent nails:

Right and left ring finger accent nails featuring a copper base topped with a white and silver micro-glitter mix, an emerald green glitter polish, a red glitter polish, and then stamped stamped with the words 'Viva Mexico' (left), and 'Fiesta' (right) in white.
Accent Nails
The best thing about a manicure that doesn't turn out the way you had hoped, is that it is so easy to take what you learned and apply it to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment