Monday, May 4, 2015

'May the Fourth Be With You' Mani

In honour of May the 4th, I decided to rework my previous mani into a space themed galaxy manicure:

Space themed manicure featuring  black nails with gold and holographic glitter, stamped with orbiting planets in silver on the thumb, and a grey and silver rocket ship with red and orange flames trailing it is stamped on the ring finger.
May the Fourth be with Your Manicure!
There is so much wear and tear on this manicure, that it's not even funny! The base for this manicure was only supposed to be an impromptu weekend manicure, that was hastily applied on top of the manicure I wore for most of last week - it's unbelievable how many layers of polish are on my nails right now! The plan was originally to do a new manicure on Sunday night, so that everything would be fresh for Monday morning, but then I came up with the idea to re-purpose the mani, since I already had the galaxy framework that I could build upon to create a May the Fourth Mani.

My previous mani featured a black base of Wet n Wild 'Black Crème', and a black, gold, and holographic glitter, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Midnight Glitz'. That combination already looked very 'spacey' so I just emphasized that by adding a cute spaceship from one of my Moyou London 'Sci Fi' plates, and some planets in orbit from my Messy Mansion 'Space Themed' plate. I made the rocket ship decal using advanced stamping technique.

Here are the details of the polishes and plates that I used to create this look:

Polishes Used:
Plates Used:
Wet n Wild Wild Shine ‘Black Crème’

OPI ‘Romantically Involved’
Messy Mansion ‘Space Themed’ MM33
Essie ‘No Place Like Chrome’

Sally Hansen C.S.M. ‘Midnight Glitz’
Moyou London Sci-Fi Collection - 03
OPI ‘Atomic Orange’

OPI ‘Embrace the Gray’



Wet n Wild Wild Shine ‘Black Crème’, OPI ‘Romantically Involved’, Essie ‘No Place Like Chrome’, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure ‘Midnight Glitz’, OPI ‘Atomic Orange’, and OPI ‘Embrace the Gray’
Polishes Used
All in all, I think it is a super cute manicure (minus the tip wear, and bulky, multi-layered polish application!). I really like how the space-ship decal turned out, and how cool it looks floating on the background of the black and holo-glitter 'space'.

No comments:

Post a Comment