Friday, May 29, 2015

Pastel Neon Paisley Skittles Mani

In my last post, I did a simple manicure using 'Hot-Hot-Hot Pants' one of the colours from the Color Club 'Poptastic Pastel Neons' collection. For this manicure, I decided to use the remaining colours that I owned from the collection to create this paisley-printed skittles mani:

Nail stamping manicure featuring light pink, yellow, green and blue pastel neon polishes, stamped with white paisley print

In my last post, I mentioned an embellishment idea that I had, to use with these bright pastel colours. The idea was to stamp over them with white stamping polish, as I have done in this manicure. White seems to be the perfect colour for combining with these 'Pastel Neon' colours - it keeps the look fun and light and doesn't overpower the already eye-catching colours.

Originally, I was thinking about using simple white stripes for the stamping image, however, I've already used my stripe plates for a few manicures, while so many other plates in my collection have gone unused. So I decided to try something else. I chose my paisley-themed Messy Mansion plate mainly because I just recently purchased it and was excited to give it a try!

Color Club ‘Feathered Hair out to There', Color Club ‘Disco’s not Dead’, Color Club ‘Under the Blacklight’, Color Club ‘Til the Record Stops’, Color Club ‘Meet me at the Rink’, and Konad Special Polish in White

Polishes Used
Plate Used
Color Club ‘Feathered Hair out to There’       

Color Club ‘Disco’s not Dead’

Color Club ‘Under the Blacklight’
Messy Mansion  MM48 ‘Paisley Theme’
Color Club ‘Til the Record Stops’

Color Club ‘Meet me at the Rink’

Konad Special Polish in White


I like the end result, but the only problem is that there isn't a lot of contrast with the delicate white lines of the paisley print stamped over the yellow and light green shades, so it's hard to see the details of the stamped image. In retrospect, a stamping image with thicker lines would have probably worked a little better. Polka dots would have been lovely as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment