Saturday, May 2, 2015

Black, Gold, and Holo Glitter Mani

Today I have a quick and easy weekend mani to share:

Glitter Manicure featuring black polish, covered with a gold and holographic glitter mix, and a nail stamped quatrefoil lattice pattern stamped in gold on the ring finger.
Black, Gold, and Holo Glitter Mani

Polishes Used:
Plate Used:
Wet n Wild Wild Shine ‘Black Crème’

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
                    ‘Midnight Glitz’
Moyou London Time Traveller Collection:
                   Back to the 60’s – Plate 04
Essie ‘Good as Gold’


Wet n Wild Wild Shine ‘Black Crème’, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure ‘Midnight Glitz’, and Essie ‘Good as Gold’
Polishes Used
I got bored of my previous manicure, and decided to do a quick polish change for the weekend. I decided to do a simple glitter mani, but just as I finished, I had the idea to add a little stamping on my ring finger as an accent. I decided to use this quatrefoil stamping image that I originally intended to use a couple manicures ago, but didn't after changing my mind at the last minute.

I like this manicure - it's simple, and edgy. It's been a while since I wore a holographic glitter, so it was a lot of fun watching it sparkle, and reflect beautiful flashes of colour! I think that the next time I try this glitter, I would like to put it over a gold, sheer black, or dark blue base. There are black glitter particles in 'Midnight Glitz', so even though the holographic particles look really good on a black background, the black glitters get completely lost, so a black base probably isn't the best choice. I'll have to do a little more experimenting with this.

The base polish I used for this manicure was Wet n Wild 'Black Crème'. I did a review on the newly revamped Wet n Wild Wild Shine Polishes recently, and at the time, I didn't own this polish. After reviewing and liking the previous polishes I picked up, I went out and bought the black and white polishes to add to the set. So far I'm really liking 'Black Crème' too. I only used one thick coat of it for this mani, and I ended up with full coverage - and I was still wearing yesterday's manicure underneath, so that's saying a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment