Monday, May 4, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Manicure

Here's a manicure I did for Cinco de Mayo, 2014:

Cinco de Mayo Nail Stamping Manicure in Black, Gold, Red, White and Green. Stamped using Cheeky's Jumbo Plate 1 'Viva Mexico', and Moyou London's Pro XL Collection plate 06.
Cinco de Mayo Manicure
Unfortunately, I no longer remember exactly which polishes I used to create this look. I used black nail polish for the base colour on all of my fingers except for my ring fingers. I then stamped these fingers with gold nail polish using images from Cheeky's Jumbo Plate 1, 'Viva Mexico'. On my ring fingers, I used the same gold nail polish as the base colour.  I then stamped the ring fingers with the Aztec print image from Moyou London's Pro XL Collection plate 06. I created a red, white, and green gradient by filling the engraving with a drop of each colour before swiping and picking up the image.

I really like this manicure, but I especially love how the accent nails turned out.  You can barely recognize the Aztec print, instead, it looks like a distressed surface with bits of gold peaking through. So awesome! I definitely want to try this technique again!

No comments:

Post a Comment