Saturday, May 16, 2015

Muted Rose and Black Glitter Mani

 Today I have a quick and easy 'impromptu mani' to share with you:

Muted Rose and Black Glitter Mani
Polishes Used:
OPI ‘Steady as she Rose’
L’Oréal Paris ‘Le Pastille’

This manicure took about 10-15 minutes to throw together. I wanted a quick polish update before meeting up with some friends for dinner, so I grabbed a couple nearby polishes, which both happened to be new un-trieds, and started polishing!

The base colour for the manicure is OPI's 'Steady as she Rose' from the Spring 2011 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Collection. This was one of the ones that I didn't pick up at the time the collection first came out. Instead, I bought it on-line a few weeks ago. I'm so glad I finally got it! It is such an elegant, sophisticated, gorgeous colour! Unfortunately, the true awesomeness of the colour doesn't show in the finished manicure, because the other polish on top also has a crème base, which changes the hue. However, the bottle picture below does show a pretty accurate representation.

The topper polish I used was L'Oréal Paris' 'Le Pastille', a beautiful crème-based glitter polish from their Spring 2014 'Les Blancs' collection. I really love this polish as well! When I first put the base layer of 'Steady...' on, I almost stopped right there, because I was so taken with how great the colour looked. However, I decided to go through with the topper after all, because I was eager to see what that polish looked like as well. I'm so glad I did! The polish adds a bit of an artistic edge to the manicure. The finished look reminds me of a speckled bird's egg!

OPI ‘Steady as she Rose’, and L’Oréal Paris ‘Le Pastille’
Polishes Used
All in all, I feel that this is a very pretty spring-time manicure, and I loved the way it turned out. I'm also really happy with both of the polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment