Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pink and Blue Double Stamped Mani

Blue jelly polish base stamped with navy blue floral outline pattern, and then with a pink abstract heart pattern. Accent ring finger is covered with pink matte glitter instead of the second stamping of pink over the blue base.

Today's manicure is a reconfiguration of a manicure that I did earlier this year. During the 2015 Crackle Polish Challenge, I did a manicure called the 'Shattered Heart Mani'. It featured a crackle polish decal, glitter, and double stamping over a translucent polish base. Even though the main concept behind the manicure was to showcase the crackle polish decal, the feature that I ended up liking the most was the double stamped design that I used on my thumbnails. I even mentioned in that post that "I may have to do an entire mani like this!". Well, I finally ended up doing it!

Polishes Used
Plates Used
Nfu-Oh NFU JS30 (Royal Blue)
Bundle Monster Secret Garden Collection:
OPI ‘On Pinks & Needles’
BM-721
OPI ‘I Saw… U Saw… We Saw… Warsaw’
Pueen Love Elements Collection:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ‘Presto Pink’
PUEEN41

Nfu-Oh NFU JS30 (Royal Blue), OPI ‘On Pinks & Needles’, OPI ‘I Saw… U Saw… We Saw… Warsaw’, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ‘Presto Pink’

In order to switch things up a bit, I used a blue jelly polish from Nfu-Oh's Jelly Syrup Series as the base, and a dark blue polish ('I Saw...' from OPI's Spring 2013 Euro Centrale Collection) for the first layer of the stamping design. Also, for the first layer of stamping, I used a different stamping plate from the one I used the first time around. The polish and plate that I used for the top layer of stamping were the exact same as the original manicure.

I wanted to do something a little different for my ring finger, so instead of stamping the pink top layer over the blue base, I used an awesome pink matte glitter polish from OPI's Brights 2015 Collection called 'On Pinks and Needles'. The shade of pink of the glitters, and of the stamping polish are almost a perfect match!

I really love how this look turned out! I don't like to repeat looks, but I don't think I'm quite done with this particular style just yet. I would like to try a version with brighter colours, and perhaps experiment a bit more with different combinations of patterns that will work well together! 
Collage featuring extra shots of the manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment