Friday, August 14, 2015

Essie Summer Neons Collection 2015

Today I have a quick review on Essie's Neon collection for Summer 2015. I purchased these polishes a few weeks ago, but now that I have gotten a chance to use all of them, I wanted to share my thoughts on the entire collection.

‘Vibrant Vibes’, ‘Melody Maker’, ‘Groove is in the Heart’, ‘Make Some Noise’, ‘Coacha’Bella’, and ‘All Access Pass’

Essie Neon Collection 2015
‘Vibrant Vibes’
‘Melody Maker’
‘Groove is in the Heart’
‘Make Some Noise’
‘Coacha’Bella’
‘All Access Pass’

I love wearing bright, vivid colours on my nails so these polishes are right up my alley! Now, most of these polishes aren't traditionally what I would think of when I hear the word neon, but I do see how these colours fit into a broader interpretation of neon colours. I would say that the light green polish 'Vibrant Vibes', and the light pink polish 'Groove is in the Heart', are pastel neons, while the remaining four shades are medium-dark toned neons.
The names of the polishes are centred around a summer concert/music festival theme, which does kind of evoke images of summer fun, just like these polishes do.

I'm not one to pay too much attention to the consistency and application of a polish. I tend to care more about colour, and visual effects than I do about these things. I rarely notice a polish's application unless it is abnormally difficult to work with to the point of being frustrating or practically unusable, or maybe sometimes I will notice the other extreme, if the polish is abnormally excellent: it is extremely easy to apply, self-levelling, goes on in one coat, and dries quickly with no imperfections. With that said, these polishes all applied fine, and I had no problems using them. 

As you can see in the photos below, 5 of the colours were applied using a dotting tool, as part of different nail art looks (see Pink Floral Pond Mani, and Cool Tone Dotted Mani for details). The colours were intense enough that the dots looked great and stood out from the background with only one application. The only colour I applied traditionally was 'Vibrant Vibes'. In my impromptu Neon Green and Blue Print Mani, I used it as the base colour for stamping a design over in another colour. I think I used 2 coats in the centre photo below, and the colour did not require a white base.

Examples of Nail Art that show all 6 polishes from the collection in action!
Essie Neon Collection 2015 Nail Art:
Left: 'Groove is in the Heart', and 'Coacha'Bella' as pink flowers
Centre: V'ibrant Vibes' as base colour
Right: 'All Access Pass', 'Melody Maker', and 'Make Some Noise', as lines of dots
My favourite colour in this collection is the blue polish 'Make Some Noise'. It's so pretty! It's a medium-dark tone, but it also has a certain intensity, and brightness to it. I kind of want to call this an electric blue. However you classify it, the colour is absolutely gorgeous. If I had to pick a least favourite, I would pick 'Coacha'Bella', only because although it is a nice colour, it's not that unique (I do however love the name!).

I wasn't originally planning to buy this entire collection. At first, I was just thinking of just getting 'Make Some Noise', but when I went into the beauty supply store where I usually get my Essie polishes, I saw that they were on sale for $3.99, so I just decided to get them all. All in all, I'm happy with this collection, and I'm glad that I picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment