Friday, August 21, 2015

Light Purple, Blue and Teal Mani

Today's manicure was done using two KB Shimmer polishes that I purchased recently, which I absolutely adore!

Glitter manicure featuring a light purple crelly-based glitter polish featuring teal and purple glitters, and a ring finger accent nail with a blue and purple matte glitter polish.

The main polish, 'I'm So Sweet Pea' is a beautiful light purple crelly-based glitter polish with teal, purple, soft pink and mint glitter particles. This polish was part of KB Shimmer's spring 2015 collection.

On my accent nail, I used a silver base (Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear 'Celeb City') and covered it with 'Happily Ever Aster', an amazing chunky matte glitter with medium purple, light purple, sky blue, aqua, white, and holographic glitters of various sizes. This came out in KB Shimmer's summer 2014 collection. I am completely in love with this glitter! The mix of colours is so stunning that I actually went and ordered a back up bottle!

KB Shimmer's 'I'm so Sweet Pea' and 'Happily Ever Aster'

Polishes Used
KB Shimmer ‘I’m so Sweet Pea’
KB Shimmer ‘Happily Ever Aster’
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear ‘Celeb City’ (not pictured)

In addition to its complete and utter gorgeousness, I also have a personal reason for being so fond of 'I'm so Sweet Pea', the polish that I used on all fingers except for my ring finger in this manicure. Apart from nail art, another one of my hobbies is gardening. One of my previous gardening projects was trying to grow the 'Sweet Pea' flower from seed. It was a little tough, since I had to do a lot of experimentation to find the best location, and to get the timing right. It actually took me 3 years to finally successfully grow the plant to maturity and have it bloom! Below, I have a picture of my very first Sweet Pea blossoms. The picture is from last summer, and the variety of Sweet Pea is an heirloom called 'Captain of the Blues'

A shot of the purple and blue sweet pea flowers that I grew in my garden last summer.
'Captain of the Blues' Heirloom Sweet Pea
From my Garden last Summer
It was such a wonderful feeling to finally accomplish growing this elegant flower! As you can imagine, I now have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for all things Sweet Pea - hence, my enthusiasm about this nail polish! Notice how the colouring of the flower even kind of matches the glitter particles in the polish? How awesome is that! (In case you're wondering, I desaturated the background of the photo to distract from all of the weeds that were in my yard at the time! LOL!).

Below, are a few more pictures of the manicure.

Collage of extra shots of the manicure

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and checking out this post. Take care, until the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment