Sunday, August 9, 2015

Light Purple Mani with Orange and Blue Accents

Today's manicure was designed around an awesome polish that I recently purchased, KB Shimmer's 'Mauve on Over'.

Light purple mani with orange, aqua and navy glitters on the ring and middle fingers, and orange and aqua rhinestones on the index and pink fingers.

'Mauve on Over' is a light purple crelly-based glitter polish from KB Shimmer's 2014 Winter collection. It contains a mixture of aqua, navy, and orange glitters. I honestly can't believe how much I love this polish! It's a slightly unexpected colour combination that totally works.

I distinctly remember my first impression of 'Mauve on Over' when I came across it while shopping for polish on line. At first glance, I was completely thrown off by the orange glitter in the mix, as it seemed like it didn't belong. However, I found myself being drawn to the polish. I remember moving on, and then coming back to the same page to look at the polish again and again. Eventually I decided that the polish was absolutely perfect, exceedingly gorgeous, and that I simply had to have it! LOL!!!

I love when something challenges your expectations, and then manages to change your perceptions of what is beautiful!

Here is a picture of the two polishes that I used to create this look:

KB Shimmer 'Mauve on Over', and Color Club 'Diggin' the Dancing Queen'

Polishes Used
KB Shimmer ‘Mauve on Over’
Color Club ‘Diggin’ the Dancing Queen’

Earlier this summer, I did a post about some of the colours in Color Club's Poptastic Neon Pastel Collection. I mentioned that I was unable to get one of the polishes in the collection, as the site that I purchased the order from was sold out of it. The missing colour was 'Diggin' the Dancing Queen', and as you can tell by today's post, I finally managed to get my hands on it (and get it on my hands, too!). It was so worth the wait - this colour is ridiculously beautiful. It's such a soft, feminine colour, but so bright and eye-catching all at the same time. The entire collection perfectly embodies that intriguing mix of soft and loud. I am so psyched to finally have them all.

Here's a shot of the completed collection:

Color Club ‘Feathered Hair out to There’, Color Club ‘Hot-Hot-Hot Pants’, Color Club ‘Disco’s not Dead’, Color Club ‘Under the Blacklight’, Color Club ‘Til the Record Stops’, Color Club ‘Meet me at the Rink’, and Color Club ‘Diggin’ the Dancing Queen’

Color Club Poptastic Neon Pastel Collection
Color Club ‘Feathered Hair out to There’       
Color Club ‘Hot-Hot-Hot Pants’
Color Club ‘Disco’s not Dead’
Color Club ‘Under the Blacklight’
Color Club ‘Til the Record Stops’
Color Club ‘Meet me at the Rink’
Color Club ‘Diggin’ the Dancing Queen’

Overall, I a really love today's manicure. It's always great when you get to wear two or more polishes that you really love, and they also happen to look great together!

Additional Shots of the manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment