Sunday, August 2, 2015

Neutral Manicure with a Twist


Manicure featuring a neutral polish on all fingers except the ring finger, which is painted with a gold glitter textured polish. There is some nail stamping on the middle finger, and dotting on the thumb.

This manicure was designed around two polishes from the Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood line of nail polishes. The colours were 'Southern Charm', a magnificent pinky-tan neutral shade, and 'Carrie'd Away' a slightly textured gold glitter polish. These polishes were released in early 2014. I think I bought them sometime around last summer, but I'm only getting around to trying them out now!

Polishes Used
                         Plate Used
Nicole By OPI ‘Southern Charm’

OPI ‘Midnight in Moscow’
Pueen Buffet Leisure Collection:
OPI ‘Chick Flick Cherry’
PUEEN97
Nicole By OPI ‘Carrie’d Away’


Nicole By OPI ‘Southern Charm’, OPI ‘Midnight in Moscow’, OPI ‘Chick Flick Cherry’, and Nicole By OPI ‘Carrie’d Away’

Design-wise, I kind of just threw this look together. After painting my nails with the two main polishes, I decided I had to add a little more visual interest to the look, so I added the stamping and colouring on my middle finger, and the dotting on my thumb. 

Overall, I like the finished look. It's not one of my favourite manicures ever, but I do think it turned out OK. Also, I was really impressed by 'Southern Charm'.  This turned out to be an extremely natural looking neutral shade for me, as the colour is quite close to the colour of my natural nail bed. It's so fantastic! 

Collage featuring extra shots of the manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment