Saturday, August 22, 2015

Purple and White Manicure

Today's manicure is a mix-match of purple polishes, with a white polish and some holographic glitter thrown in for good measure!

Manicure featuring multiple shades and finishes of purple nail polish, and an off-white crème polish embellished with a nail stamping design.

The inspiration for this manicure came from the NCLA's 'Let Them Eat Cake', the polish that I am wearing on my ring finger. I purchased this polish several months ago after becoming hopelessly smitten by the gorgeous mix of purples in its glitter colour palette. I remember being so eager to try it out when I first got itbut unfortunately, I just never got around to doing it. For this manicure, I decided that enough was enough - I resolved to design a manicure around this amazing polish in order to finally take it off my untried list! 
NCLA ‘Let them Eat Cake’, Sally Hansen Inst-Dri ‘Leapin’ Lilac’, Butter London ‘Frilly Knickers’, OPI ‘I Cannoli Wear OPI’, and Sally Hansen Color Foil ‘Purple Alloy’

Polishes Used
NCLA ‘Let them Eat Cake’
Sally Hansen Inst-Dri ‘Leapin’ Lilac’
Butter London ‘Frilly Knickers’
OPI ‘I Cannoli Wear OPI’
Sally Hansen Color Foil ‘Purple Alloy’
Stamping Plate Used
ÜberChic Beauty Plate 1-01

'Let them eat cake is part of NCLA's 'Duchess of L.A.' collection which was released around summer 2014. There were a total of four polishes in the collection, of which I purchased three. I used the other two polishes that I own from this collection ('Posh and Privileged', and 'Lavish Spender') as part of my Easter manicure. The fourth polish in the collection, the one I didn't get, was a light blue crelly-based glitter polish called 'A Touch of Class'. 

I Cannoli Wear OPI is the off-white crème polish that I have on my thumb and middle finger. It is part of OPI's recently released 'Venice' collection for fall 2015. I used the polish as a base layer for nail stamping. The stamped layer was done with 'Purple Alloy' a metallic purple polish from Sally Hansen's limited edition 'Color Foil' collection released around summer 2014.

I'm wearing Sally Hansen's 'Leapin' Lilac', topped with Butter London's 'Frilly Knickers' on my index and pinky fingers. I chose 'Frilly Knickers' because I wanted to do something to spice up the lavender crème polish, but since the rest of the look is already quite busy, I didn't want to go over-board. This subtle holographic shimmer polish was the perfect compromise.

All in all, I am pleased with the way that this manicure turned out. If I had to do it again, the only thing that I would've possibly changed would be the nail stamped fingers. I think it would have been nice to put a matte top coat over the off white base polish before stamping the metallic purple polish. I may just do another manicure based on this idea!

A collage featuring extra shots of the manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment