Friday, July 31, 2015

OPI 'Centennial Celebration'

My last post featured 'Visions of Georgia Green', one of the two new additions to OPI's Coca Cola themed collection of polishes. Today's post is on 'Centennial Celebration', the other new addition to the line up.

Basic manicure featuring OPI's 'Centennial Celebration', and an accent nail (ring finger) with black and silver glitter.

Both polishes were made to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Coca Cola bottle. 'Visions of Georgia Green' was a take on the green glass soft drink bottle, while this one appears to be a take on the classic clear, colourless bottle.

L.A. Girl Glitter Addict ‘Uninhibited’, Nicole by OPI ‘Make U Smile’, and OPI ‘Centennial Celebration’

Polishes Used
L.A. Girl Glitter Addict ‘Uninhibited’
Nicole by OPI ‘Make U Smile’
OPI ‘Centennial Celebration’

At first glance, I was going to pass on buying 'Centennial Celebration' because I already have a lot of silver polishes. However, I purchased 'Visions of Georgia Green', and I loved it so much that I decided to go back and give this polish a try as well. The thing I realized with 'Visions...' is that it wasn't just the colour of the polish that made it special, it was the texture and consistency as well.

These polishes are glass-themed, so they attempt to characterize certain elements of glass such as its translucence, its reflective nature, and its sparkle. Accordingly, the polishes are semi-translucent, metallic, and contain micro-glitter particles. 

In addition to the cool textural properties of 'Centennial Celebration', this particular shade of silver is a little different as well. There is a slight gold tint to this silver which adds a little warmth, and also makes it seem more luxurious.

All in all, I really like this polish, and I'm glad that I decided to give it a try!

Collage featuring extra shots of the manicure, and polishes

No comments:

Post a Comment