Sunday, October 26, 2014

Purple and Gold Mani

I wanted to do a quick and easy polish change right over my previous ‘Metallic Green, Gold and Black' manicure, so I decided to design a manicure around a darker colour that would give full coverage in a coat or two. I've done this before using black, navy, and even with metallic silver, but I didn't want to use one of those options again. Enter Revlon 'Naughty': A beautiful purply-browny-grey shade that covers well in one thick coat!

Here’s the finished manicure:

Purple and Gold Nail Stamping Manicure using Revlon 'Naughty' and Sally Hansen 'Liquid Gold'. Stamped with dot and line full nail patterns from DRK Nails stamping plate DRK-A
Purple and Gold Mani

The colours I used were Revlon ‘Naughty’ and Sally HansenColor Foil in ‘Liquid Gold’ (one of my go-to stamping polishes).  I did the stamping with two different patterns from DRK Nails Plate DRK-A.

I've had 'Naughty' for a while, but I don’t think I've ever worn it. I really love complex colour mixes that are hard to describe in a single word. I guess that first and foremost it would be classified as a purple because of the purple flash that you see over the “purply-browny-grey” base.  The flash on my camera is making this polish look a bit lighter than it does in real life, and it also makes it appear a bit more purple because it is bringing out the purple flash in the polish.

Revlon 'Naughty', and Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold'
Polishes Used
For an impromptu mani, I really like how this turned out. This is the reason that I love nail stamping so much. You can polish your nails, and then easily bump your manicure up to the next level by adding some stamped images or patterns! This simple 10 minute mani looks like something a lot more complicated and time-consuming to do. 

I've only been nail stamping for just over 10 months now, so I still find it absolutely amazing that with this simple technique, I can do beautiful home manicures on my own, in very little time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment