Saturday, October 25, 2014

Metallic Green, Gold & Black Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 7

This is the 8th official manicure I've done as part of my Moyou London Artist Collection DesignSeries. I purchased this plate within the last few weeks, so even though I was trying to present the series in numerical order for the plates that I owned, this manicure is out of order because I didn't own the plate at the time I finished the manicure for plate number 6.

Here’s the finished manicure:

Metallic Green, Gold & Black Manicure featuring nail stamping images from Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 07
Metallic Green, Gold & Black Mani

The plate has an Egyptian theme, but I wanted to create something that played with the patterns on the plate, and not just the images (which would have been the obvious choice). My manicure for Artist Collection Plate #4, which was based on the artwork of Gustav Klimt, was designed the same way.

The colours I used were:
Wet’n’Wild Wild Shine in Caribbean Frost
Sally Hansen Color Foil in Liquid Gold
Konad Special Polish in Black

I absolutely love the vivid colour of the green, but I found it kind of slow drying with more than one coat. I learned this the hard way after unsalvageably smudging my twice-coated nails, and having to start again! Luckily, the polish gives pretty decent coverage with one coat, so I didn't mind the slow dry issue so much - the second time around!

Overall, I like the design of this manicure, although the execution could have been a bit better. If I had to do it over, instead of the black dots on the thumb and ring finger, I would have used 3 or 4 black rhinestones in a half moon pattern – but I didn't think of that until after I had already applied the black dots. However by this point, after the troubles I had with the polish drying time, I wasn't in the mood to start over!

No comments:

Post a Comment