Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall Colours Mani

Yesterday, I did a Thanksgiving manicure. Now that Thanksgiving is over, (and I've had enough turkey for the time being!), I wanted to neutralize the look to take all traces of the holiday out, while keeping some elements of the original manicure. So without further adieu, here is what I am now calling my 'Fall Colours' manicure:

Fall Colours Nail Stamping Manicure featuring China Glaze 'White on White', and 'Ravishing Dahling', Essie 'Capri', Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup Series polishes NFU JS20, NFU JS34, and NFU JS39 . Thumbnail is stamped using Bundle Monster Plate BM-H11
Fall Colours Manicure

I ended up keeping only the nail polish on my thumbs. My thumbnails had previously been stamped with a full nail leaf image from Bundle Monster plate BM-H11, and then each of the leaves had been coloured in with various jelly nail polishes. I decided to expand on the leaf concept, by using the rest of the fingers to complement the image on my thumbs.

I painted each of my remaining nails with one of the polishes used to colour the leaves on my thumbs. Then I added a caramel-coloured nail art rhinestone to my ring fingers.

Polishes Used:
Konad Special Polish in Black
China Glaze 'White on White'
China Glaze 'Ravishing, Dahling' (index finger)
Essie 'Capri' (pinky)
NFU JS20 (Egg Yolk Yellow)
NFU JS34 (Forest Green)
NFU JS39 (Caramel)

This was a relatively quick and easy update, which enabled me to get a little more use out of some detailed work used on a previous manicure.  I'm all for reusing elements of a previous mani if you can get away with it! Especially with the amount of time and energy it sometimes takes to create certain elements of a manicure. My philosophy is that if it still looks good, and I still like it - I'll keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment