Thursday, January 8, 2015

Green, Silver and Gold Mani

Today I have a quick post to share part of a manicure I did!

Nail stamping manicure using Butter London's 'Wallis' as a base, with thumb and ring accents stamped with silver, and a gold glitter gradient on the remaining fingers.
Green, Silver and Gold Mani

Polishes Used:
Butter London 'Wallis'
Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'
Essie 'Rock at the Top'

Plate Used:
DRK Themes Enlaced

Butter London 'Wallis', Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep', and Essie 'Rock at the Top
Polishes Used
I forgot to get a picture of this manicure while it was fresh, so by the time I got around to it, I had lots of tip-wear from cooking, and washing dishes! The 3 fingers I photographed were the least chipped. The other two fingers were painted similar to my pinky - solid green with a gold glitter gradient starting from the tips.

I was a little disappointed with this manicure. This is my first time using 'Wallis', and I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to do with it. The colour looks so amazing in the bottle, however there's very little contrast between the colour and my skin tone, so the look ends up being very neutral, and subdued on me. Unfortunately, neutral mani's aren't really my forte. I'm going to have to really work with this one to try and find interesting ways to use it in future manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment