Friday, January 30, 2015

Crackle Polish Challenge #6 - Sparkly Snakeskin

2015 Crackle Polish Challenge Manicure #6

Featured crackle application:
Using crackle polish over areas of a pattern to accent the stamped design

Featured crackle polish:
Sally Hansen's Crackle Overcoat in 'Sage Smash'

Nail Stamping Manicure using China Glaze What are you A-freight of?, Essie 'Take it Outside', and Sally Hansen 'Sage Smash'
Sparkly Snakeskin Mani
Polishes Used:
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Sage Smash'
China Glaze 'What are you A-freight of?'
Essie 'Take it Outside'

Plate Used:
Moyou London Pro Collection XL - 04

Today I have a quick post to share, using the same crackle glitter from last weeks mani, 'Sage Smash'.

I was doing a little experimenting with this snakeskin design, and came up with the idea for this mani. However, the stamping on my other fingers didn't turn out really well, and I didn't like the look enough to go back and get it right (too neutral for my tastes!), so I only took a picture of the thumb, since it came out the best.

I used the crackle polish here to accent the middle sections of the snakeskin pattern, which otherwise would be all brown.  I like how it adds some green, but the cracks allow the brown underneath to show through. Using crackle polish in this way can add a little depth and dimension to certain areas of stamped images.

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Sage Smash', China Glaze 'What are you A-freight of?', and Essie 'Take it Outside'
Polishes Used

No comments:

Post a Comment