Monday, December 29, 2014

Red, Green, and Gold Ornament Mani

Today I have yet another Christmas Mani to share with you.

Nail stamping manicure with red and dark green horizontal striped nails. The ring finger accent nail has 3 images of Christmas ornaments stamped in gold.
Red, Green, and Gold Ornament Mani

Polishes Used:
China Glaze 'Tip Your Hat'
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'On Pines and Needles'
Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold'

Plates Used:
Moyou London Pro Collection XL - 01
Moyou London Festive Collection - 18

China Glaze 'Tip Your Hat', Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'On Pines and Needles', and Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold'
Polishes Used
I'm pleased that the stripes came out cleanly in this mani. I used a squishy stamper, and the 'press' technique (as opposed to rolling the image on my nails). I also learned that with the stripe images on the pro collection plate, it helps to scrape parallel to the lines in order to fill the grooves of the plate more consistently.

When I used this same plate to do the stripes for my 'Blue Striped Movember Mani', I didn't do any of these things: I used a hard stamper, I rolled the image, and I scraped in a direction perpendicular to the lines on the image plate. You can see a major difference in the cleanliness of the lines! Although in the Movember Mani, the lines didn't look quite so bad in real life (no close-ups!), I'm really impressed that for this new mani, the results look great both near and far!

No comments:

Post a Comment