Sunday, December 21, 2014

Snowy Pine Forest Mani

Today I have another holiday themed manicure to share.

nail stamping manicure featuring forest green pine trees over white background with silver snowflakes - left handnail stamping manicure featuring forest green pine trees over white background with silver snowflakes - right hand

Polishes Used:
China Glaze 'White on White'
China Glaze 'I'd Melt for You' (2014 Holiday Twinkle Collection)
China Glaze 'The Outer Edge' (Limited Edition 'The Giver' Collection)
Maybelline Color Show 'Walk in the Park'

Plate Used:
Cheeky Jumbo Plate 6 'Happy Holidays'

China Glaze 'White on White', China Glaze 'I'd Melt for You', China Glaze 'The Outer Edge', and Maybelline Color Show 'Walk in the Park'
Polishes Used
This look was inspired by a beautifully decorated Christmas tree I saw in a mall I visited recently. It was covered in large spherical ornaments, some in solid white and the rest in solid silver. They also had these gorgeous silver-coloured sculptures of grazing reindeer circled all around it. The entire scene was so elegant - I really wish I had taken a picture!

I really like how this manicure turned out. However, I do have one small regret with my left thumb. I put a coat of 'The Outer Edge', a silver and white micro-glitter, over the finished nail, before I realized that the accent nails look better without it. I also used way too much, not realizing how dense the glitter particles were.  It ended up almost completely obscuring the tree! I was in no mood to start all over again, so I tried to carefully double stamp another tree directly on top of the old one. It seemed to turn out alright, so I just went with it. I ended up getting a couple of compliments on this manicure, (which is always nice!) so I guess the boo-boo wasn't that big of a deal after all.

This is the first time that I used 'I'd Melt for You', a silver metallic polish from China Glaze's recent holiday line. I love it!!!  This might be a new replacement for Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Silver Sweep' as my go-to silver!  Ever since Sally Hansen changed the formula of 'Silver Sweep' I was really worried about finding a replacement - and my last bottle of the old formula 'Silver Sweep' is about two-thirds empty. So I'm really glad this polish came along when it did.

I do have other silver polishes, but what I really love about 'Silver Sweep' (and now also 'I'd Melt for You') is that they don't dry lightning fast like some other metallic silver polishes. With some of my highly reflective silver polishes, you have to work really quickly, so the polish doesn't dry in the grooves of the image plate, before you get a chance to pick it up with your stamper!

I ended up wearing this manicure way longer than I wanted to - I wore it for 5 days! I love the mani, but I have so many ideas that I'd like to get in before Christmas, that I probably shouldn't have worn this more than a couple days! I had a really hectic week, and most evenings, I honestly didn't feel like doing my nails.

Anyways, I'm gaining even more inspiration and motivation to crank out holiday manicures now that we're getting even closer to Christmas, so stay tuned to see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment