Monday, July 21, 2014

Tulip Themed Half-Moon Manicure

Tulip Themed Half-Moon Nail Stamping Manicure using Moyou London Pro Collection Plates 07 and 08. Polishes used: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 'Barracuda', Essie 'Jelly Apple', NYC Quick Dry Nail Polish in 'High Line Green', Nfu OH Jelly Syrup Series JS34, and Rimmel 'Black Satin'
Tulip Themed Half-Moon Manicure
This is my first attempt at a half-moon manicure. For the most part, I like how it turned out. Originally, I wasn't going to 'frame' the half moon with any sort of border, but it just looked unfinished. I added the red art nail tape as an afterthought a full day after I originally did my nails. As a result, it was really difficult to add the tape to the completely dry nail, especially since I had to try to curve it to follow the crescent of the half moon. Luckily, the tape placement issues are way less noticeable in real life than they are in the photo!

I used the following nail polishes to create this look:
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 'Barracuda'
Essie 'Jelly Apple'
NYC In a New York Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in 'High Line Green'
Nfu OH JS34
Rimmel 'Black Satin'

The stamping images I used were from Moyou London Pro Collection plates 07 and 08. I also used a few yellow rhinestones, and of course, the aforementioned red nail art tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment