Sunday, July 27, 2014

Colourful Cartoon Mani

Today I'm sharing another manicure using the 'leadlight' technique:

Colourful Cartoon Nail Stamping Manicure using Lead Light Technique, and Moyou London Princess Collection Plate 11. Polishes used include: Misa 'Bed of Roses'; Nfu OH Jelly Syrup Series Polishes NFU JS20, NFU JS18, NFU JS17, NFU JS12; China Glaze polishes 'Creative Fantasy' and 'Inner Beauty'; NYC 'French White Tip', and Rimmel 'Black Satin'
Colourful Cartoon Mani

I used several jelly polishes from the Nfu Oh 'Jelly Syrup' series, China Glaze, OPI, and Misa.  I don't remember exactly which ones because I didn't plan out the colours before I used them. I just laid out all of my jelly nail polishes, and grabbed whichever one I felt like using when filling in different parts of the image.  It was so much fun - just like a tiny colouring book!

Here are pictures of the 4 stamped fingers:

Colourful Cartoon Nail Stamping Manicure using Lead Light Technique, and Moyou London Princess Collection Plate 11. Polishes used include: Misa 'Bed of Roses'; Nfu OH Jelly Syrup Series Polishes NFU JS20, NFU JS18, NFU JS17, NFU JS12; China Glaze polishes 'Creative Fantasy' and 'Inner Beauty'; NYC 'French White Tip', and Rimmel 'Black Satin'
Close-Up of Accent Nails
Despite the haphazard manner I used for selecting colours, a few elements in the images stayed constant from finger to finger.  I tried to use the same colours for the Cat, the Snake, and the Giraffe-like creature.

For the cat I used Misa 'Bed of Roses' for the nose, and NFU JS20 for the fur. The snake in front of the cat was coloured using NFU JS18  for the face, and NFU JS17 for the body. The giraffe thingy behind the cat was coloured using NFU JS12 for the body, Misa 'Bed of Roses' for the snout, and China Glaze 'Creative Fantasy' for the neck fur fringe. I also used a white base of NYC 'French White Tip' , and Rimmel 'Black Satin' for the stamping. The image I used was from Moyou London Princess collection plate 11

The neutral nails were painted with China Glaze 'Inner Beauty'. I also used some purple, teal, and fuchsia nail art rhinestones on my middle fingers.

Overall, I really like the way this manicure turned out. This cartoon image was one of the main reasons that I bought this Moyou London plate.  That was way before I even knew about the leadlight technique - I love the way that this method of adding colour really brought this image to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment