Monday, July 14, 2014

Pink and Green Mani using Leadlight Technique

Today's nail art was time-consuming, but worth the effort.

Pink and Green Nail Stamping Manicure using Leadlight Technique. Stamped with Pueen Plate PUEEN24. Polishes Used: NYC 'French Tip White', Rimmel 'Black Satin', Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup series polishes NFU JS17 (pistachio green), NFU JS24 (fuchsia), NFU JS34 (forest green), NFU JS36 (olive green), and OPI Be Magentale With Me


Some time ago, I watched a YouTube video by Messy Mansion on how to do the leadlight technique, and have been obsessed ever since! This is only my second ever manicure using the technique, so it's not perfect, but I still love how it turned out. I love being able to incorporate multiple colours into my stamping. 

I used the following polishes to achieve this look:

Base of the mani:
NYC French Tip White stamped with Rimmel Black Satin (using Pueen24)
Leadlighting effect:
Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup series polishes NFU JS17 (pistachio green), NFU JS24 (fuchsia), NFU JS34 (forest green), NFU JS36 (olive green), and OPI Be Magentale With Me
Base coat and top coat:
Pro-FX Protein enriched base coat and revitalizer, and Pro-FX Quick dry high gloss top coat.

I also used some fuchsia nail art rhinestones.

The part that took the longest was filling in all of the little dots with a dotting tool.  I doubt that I'll ever do a repeat of this mani, just because of how long it took.  Maybe I'd use this pattern for an accent nail or two, but at this point, I'm not looking forward to colouring hundreds of little dots on all 10 nails ever again! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment