Tuesday, July 15, 2014

From the Vault: Black and Gold Mani

Here's another mani from a couple months back. 

Black and Gold Nail Stamping Manicure using Moyou London Pro XL Collection plate 06. Polishes Used: OPI 'Love Angel Music Baby', and Rimmel 'Black Satin'
Black and Gold Mani

The base colour I used was OPI's Love Angel Music Baby, from the Gwen Stefani collection. I used Rimmel's 'Black Satin' for stamping, and I used Pro-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat to add some shine, and bring out L.A.M.B's beautiful shimmer. The images I stamped were from Moyou London Pro XL Collection plate 06.

I like how each component of this manicure looks, however I remember quickly becoming bored with the overall look (after only a day or 2). I can't quite put my (polished) finger on it, but for some reason I didn't find this manicure as visually interesting as some of my other ones. I think I would like to try a version of this with the same base color, but with the image stamped in a lighter or brighter colour, or maybe a version using a less 'busy' image for the index, middle, and pinky fingers - or maybe no image at all?!  Hmmmn... I normally don't like to revisit manicures that I've done, but I may just have to make an exception for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment