Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Blue and Green Chunky Glitter Mani using Revlon 'Tantalize', and Nicole by OPI 'Honey-Dew You Love Me?'

Today I have another Project Polish manicure to share with you:

Mani using chunky teal heart glitters over a chartreuse sparkly base


Polishes Used
Revlon Brilliant Strength 'Tantalize' (120)
Nicole by OPI 'Honey-Dew You Love Me?'

The Project Polish selection was Nicole by OPI 'Honey-Dew You Love Me?' This polish is a chunky matte teal heart glitter in a clear base with subtle holographic micro-glitters, and here it is used over Revlon Brilliant Strength 'Tantalize'  - colour number 120.  I did a swatch of this colour for yesterday's post.

Revlon Brilliant Strength 'Tantalize' (colour 120), and Nicole by OPI 'Honey-Dew You Love Me?'
Polishes Used

I remember being so excited about 'Honey-Dew...', and other polishes like it, back when I bought it years ago in the early days of my polish collecting. I used a different version of this polish with reddish-orange hearts for my Coral Compilation Mani a few years ago. I also have other colours and shapes of chunky glitter toppers that I haven't worn in a while.

Truthfully, my tastes have changed a lot since I first eagerly bought these chunky glitter topper polishes. When I first started collecting polishes, I wasn't really into nail stamping or nail art, so Chunky glitters and crackle polishes (which were really big at the time) were my go-to way of combining colours on my nails. Now that I have other ways of mixing and matching different colours in my collection, as well as adding shapes, patterns, and images to my nails, I hardly ever reach for these chunky glitters any more.

I may have to put put them all into a future 'Project Polish' once this one is over.

Over all, I think this mani turned out to be fun and colourful, and it was also quite nostalgic to wear a polish that I truly adored ages ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment