Sunday, November 18, 2018

Spotlight on 'Project Polish' Polishes: Quo by Orly 'Night Sky'

Today I have a quick swatch of 'Night Sky', by Quo by Orly

Dark purple polish with shimmer


From what I could determine from some internet searching, this polish was the 'Quo by Orly' version of an Orly polish called 'Out of this World', from the Orly Cosmic FX collection released in Fall 2010. I'm assuming that the Quo version would have been released around the same time. I know that I purchased it relatively early into my polish collecting journey, so I'm assuming that I bought it sometime in 2011 or possibly even 2012.

Unfortunately, my bottle of 'Night Sky' has not held up well over the years. As mentioned in an earlier post, about half the bottle had evaporated, and I tried to loosen the remaining polish up a bit with some lacquer thinner.  The polish was nice and loose after that, but when I actually tried to do a manicure with it, it was taking forever to dry! After about 45 minutes had passed and my nails were still not completely dry, I had to give up on the manicure. Now I'm really re-considering my goal to use up the entire bottle. 😞

I think I'll try again one more time with only one thin coat of the polish over one coat of black polish. Hopefully that works...

No comments:

Post a Comment