Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sheer Black Manicure with Black and Silver Chevrons - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 17

After close to 3 months, my Moyou London Artist Collection Design Series is finally coming to an end. Here is the final manicure of the challenge, featuring Artist Collection plate 17:

Nail Stamping manicure with a sheer black base, stamped with a variety of chevron designs in black and silver nail polish.
Sheer Black Manicure with Black and Silver Chevrons
Polishes Used:
Sally Hansen 'Big Smoky Top Coat'
Konad Special Polish in Black
Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'

This was a relatively easy manicure to do. I used a the 'Big Smoky Top Coat' as my base coat, and simply stamped the images over the sheer base. The hardest part of the process was trying to line up the patterns to centre them on each nail. To make this a little easier, I used a large squishy stamper so that I could simply press my nail onto the image, rather than roll the image onto my nail (as I would usually do with the smaller, harder stampers that I usually use). I finished the look off with top coat, and then placed a small black nail art stud on each ring finger.

Picture of thumbnail manicured with sheer black base nail polish, and stamped with a black chevron greek key image. Inside that chevron, is a smaller one made up of a symmetrical chain of geometric shapes.
Sheer Black Mani - Left Thumb
I think that this type of manicure would look great with a black french tip to frame the look. However, since my nails are kind of short, and the image is long enough to take up the majority of my nail, if I did a french tip it would either touch, or partially cover the tip of the chevron - which to me, is a crucial element of this design. However, even without the french tip, I still really like the way this manicure turned out.

And so here I am, officially at the end of my design challenge! I really enjoyed creating these manicures, and I'm glad that I've forced myself to jump right in and not delay in using these amazing plates from my collection.

Sally Hansen 'Big Smoky Top Coat', Konad Special Polish in Black, and Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'
Polishes Used
As I mentioned in my last post, out of the 17 plates currently in the Artist collection, there are 3 that I don't own. I have no plans to get them, but if that changes, or if new plates are released that I end up purchasing, I'll probably continue with the challenge. For now however, I'm going to take some time to enjoy the freedom of designing manicures using whatever plate I feel like, whenever I want to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment