Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gold and White Klimt Inspired Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 14

This is my 3rd last manicure from my Moyou London Artist Collection Design Series. It has been a lot of fun to do, but honestly, I'm glad that it is almost over! It will be great to not have any sort of obligation to do a particular manicure, and to just be free to create based on how I'm feeling. On the other hand, it has been a welcome change having a bit structure, and I've enjoyed giving myself the opportunity to use plates that I otherwise might have delayed using.

Today's manicure is very toned down and simplified compared to the majority of my other 'Artist Collection' manicures. I just needed a bit of a change from the multi-coloured, decaled, skittles manicures that I have been doing lately! Here is the finished mani:

Nail stamping manicure with white Gustav Klimt inspired images (from Moyou London Artist 14) stamped over a gold/pink duochrome base. Gold solid ring finger accent nail, embellished with a touch of rose gold glitter.Nail stamping manicure with white Gustav Klimt inspired images (from Moyou London Artist 14) stamped over a gold/pink duochrome base. Gold solid ring finger accent nail, embellished with a touch of rose gold glitter.

Polishes Used:
Deborah Lippmann 'Sugar Daddy'
Maybelline Color Show 'Gilded Rose'
Konad Special Polish in White

Deborah Lippmann 'Sugar Daddy', Mabelline Color Show 'Gilded Rose', and Konad Special Polish in White
Polishes Used - 'Sugar Daddy', 'Gilded Rose', and Konad White Special Polish

I used 'Sugar Daddy' as the base colour for all of my nails. Using the Gustav Klimt inspired Moyou London Artist Collection 14 plate, I stamped 8 different images in white over the rose/gold duochrome base. I left my ring fingers solid, but embellished the tips with a touch of 'Gilded Rose', a rose gold glitter.

This is my first time using a Deborah Lippmann polish. I've owned 'Sugar Daddy' for a few months now, but I never got around to using it. I'm quite pleased with the consistency and the coverage - for this manicure, I'm only wearing one coat! I also love how cute the bottle is!

I also really love how well 'Sugar Daddy', and 'Gilded Rose' go together. 'Gilded Rose' is practically the glitter version of 'Sugar Daddy'!  Because of this, using it on the tip of my accent finger kept the look monotone, but gave a bit of texture. I just adore the effect.

In the pictures above, the images of my thumbs are upside down, and partially obscured by the flash of my camera, here's a better look at them:

Nail stamping manicure with white Gustav Klimt inspired images (from Moyou London Artist 14) stamped over a gold/pink duochrome base. Nail stamping manicure with white Gustav Klimt inspired images (from Moyou London Artist 14) stamped over a gold/pink duochrome base.

All in all, I really love this manicure. The best part about it is that it was relatively quick and easy to do! Stay tuned for the final two instalments of the design series!

No comments:

Post a Comment