Saturday, November 15, 2014

Gaudí Inspired Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 13

After several interruptions, I’ve finally managed to get back to my Moyou London Artist Collection Design Series! With Thanksgiving, Breast Cancer Awareness, Halloween, Movember and Remembrance Day I had a bunch of themed manicures to get done in a short period of time, so there weren’t really a lot of opportunities to continue the series until now.

Today’s manicure was completed using Moyou London Artist Collection plate 13. The plate is inspired by the work of Spanish architect Antoni Gaudí. Here is the finished manicure:
Nail Stamping manicure created using Moyou London Artist 13, in green, blue, navy, purple and gold.
Gaudí Inspired Manicure
Polishes Used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'I-rush Luck'
Sinful Colors 'Endless Blue'
Maybelline Color Show 'Midnight Blue'
Maybelline Color Show Holographic 'Bold Gold'
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Grape Going!'
Konad Special Polish in Black

Other than the gold accent polish, I tried to choose colours in the same colour family, with medium to dark intensity. However, the flash on my camera is making the nail polish on my index finger, 'Endless Blue', look a lot brighter in the picture than it does in real life. It's actually more of a slightly-darker-than-medium blue.

Nail Stamping manicure created using Moyou London Artist 13, in green, blue, navy, purple and gold.

On my ring finger, I used the decal method to add colour to the lizard and mosaic tile stamp for the accent nail. It might be fun to try this lizard again doing a multi-coloured mosaic tile look, by painting each of the sections with a different colour of nail polish. It would be very time-consuming, but I think it would look pretty cool!

Overall, I'm happy with the way that this manicure turned out. I rarely do 5 different base colours, so I was a little nervous about whether or not this mani would have a unified look at the end - I think it does! The accent nail does a good job of tying everything together.

I only have 3 more plates to do from the Moyou London Artist Collection (I don't have the entire collection), so I hope to finish up with the challenge in the coming weeks - stay tuned!

Nail Stamping manicure created using Moyou London Artist 13, in green, blue, navy, purple and gold.
Gaudí Inspired Manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment