Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Camo Mani


I've been wanting to do a camouflage manicure for ages. Now that we are in to September, and we're starting to see more fall clothing and fall colours I figured that now would be the perfect time to try the look out!


I wanted to do a more traditional camouflage look in terms of colours, but I wanted to make it a bit more feminine by using shimmery polishes, and accenting the look with gold and glitter. I chose the following nail polishes to help achieve the look:


Polishes Used
Plates Used
Essie ‘Sable Collar’
Quo by Orly ‘Filthy Rich’
Essie ‘Cocktails & Coconuts’
Vivid Lacquer - VL 010
Essie ‘Rock at the Top’
A England ‘Fotheringhay Castle’

I used the multi-coloured stamping technique to stamp the camouflage image from Vivid Lacquer plate VL-010. This is where you fill the image with two or more polishes (both green and brown in my case) before you scrape the excess, and pick up the image. It results in a variegated colour-way for your stamped image. After stamping the image, I then went back in with a dotting tool and added some free-hand camouflage splotches in both green and brown.

I was absolutely thrilled with the way that this manicure turned out! I think I may have to try this look out again with different colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment