Saturday, September 12, 2015

Analogous Colour Scheme Skittle Mani

Today I have a simple impromptu manicure to share:

Manicure with nails painted in metallic gold, shimmery pastel mint green, and pastel blue nail polishes

Recently, I decided that I wanted to try use my 'Borghese Rapido' polishes a bit more, since hadn't been using them that frequently. That decision was the inspiration for today's manicure, where I use three different Borghese Rapido shades to create a simple skittle mani.

Borghese Rapido ‘Lira’, Borghese Rapido ‘Menta’, and Borghese Rapido ‘Castello Blue’

Polishes Used
Borghese Rapido ‘Lira’
Borghese Rapido ‘Menta’
Borghese Rapido ‘Castello Blue’

The main feature of this manicure is the colour combination of the different nail polishes. These colours look great combined because yellow, green, and blue are adjacent to each other on the colour wheel, and create an 'analogous' colour scheme when used together. I originally wanted to do some nail stamping over the look, but I never got around to doing it. Even so, I still think that the look holds up despite the lack of any added embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment