Sunday, April 5, 2015

Light Pink and Mint Green Easter Manicure

Happy Easter to all those celebrating!

Today, I have an Easter manicure to share:

Pastel pink and green nail stamping manicure. Left hand has light green base polish on thumb, pinky and index. Pinky and index are stamped in with tribal geometric design, and thumb is stamped with Happy Easter (all stamping is in gold). Ring finger has light pink polish with suspended glitter, and middle finger has a light pink creme polish. I made dots of green and gold polish on the middle finger.  Right hand is the opposite (switching light green for pink in all cases).
Light Pink and Mint Green Easter Manicure

Polishes Used:
Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Yellow Gold'
Nicole by OPI 'Selena' from the Selena Gomez Collection
Nicole by OPI 'Alex by the Books' from the Modern Family Collection
NCLA 'Lavish Spender'
NCLA 'Posh and Privileged'

Plate Used:
Moyou London Festive Collection Plate 14

Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Yellow Gold', Nicole by OPI 'Selena' from the Selena Gomez Collection, Nicole by OPI 'Alex by the Books' from the Modern Family Collection, NCLA 'Lavish Spender', and NCLA 'Posh and Privileged'
Polishes Used
For me, one of the best things about this manicure was getting to use 4 untried polishes that I've been really looking forward to using! 'Selena' and 'Alex by the Books' were both purchased last summer during a big sale one of my local drug store chains was having, clearing out the Nicole by OPI 'Modern Family', and 'Selena Gomez' collections. I remember that these two colours were sold out at the 2 super convenient locations that I most frequently go to, so I had to go hunting at a few other locations.  I also remember being so pumped when I finally found them, that I bought backups!

The story behind the other 2 polishes was kind of the opposite scenario. They are both from an NCLA collection called 'Duchess of L.A.'. I remember seeing another polish from the collection somewhere on line, and instantly being mesmerized by its beauty. The colour was called 'Let Them Eat Cake', and was a milky lilac based polish with purple, blue, silver, and white glitters. That started me on researching the collection, and eventually being taken with 'Lavish Spender', and 'Posh and Privileged' too. Now, I'm generally a pretty frugal shopper, and try to get most things on sale or clearance. That preference, along with the higher price of this indie brand, kept me from actually making the purchase for quite some time. Eventually, after months of price-watching to no avail, shortly after the holidays, I decided to go ahead and splurge on the polishes as a belated Christmas gift for myself!

Now that the Crackle Polish Challenge that I've been doing for the last two and a half months is over, I decided to celebrate my new-found freedom from crackle nail polish by using some of my most anticipated untried polishes. The fact that these were all pastels worked perfectly for the occasion, so I jumped at the chance to use them for this mani!

Overall, I really love the finished look of the mani! It reminds me of decorated, and speckled Easter Eggs. I also like how the polishes work so well together. It was also fun to do a manicure where I actually intended to design different versions on each hand, that complimented each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment