Monday, August 3, 2020

Collections of Yore: Jelly Belly + Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Collab

I've decided to start a new series on my blog called 'Collections of Yore', where I highlight nail polish collections that came out in the past which I still have in my collection. There have been so many wonderful collections that have been released over the years, and it's nice to take a trip down memory lane, and to be inspired to revisit old favourites. 

Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the hype for the next new thing... Lately, I've been really making an effort to do a lot more 'shopping of my stash' and giving some love to the polishes that I already have in my collection. A lot of the polish collections that I want to revisit in this 'Collections of Yore' series were super popular when they came out, so I know that a lot of other people may still have a lot of these polishes too. Hopefully these trips down memory lane will be beneficial to other polish enthusiasts as well.

The first polish collection I wanted to highlight in this first instalment of the series, was only released about a year and a half ago: The Jelly Belly + Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Collaboration from February 2019.

There were a total of 11 shades in the collection, 7 creme polishes, and 4 glitter crelly polishes. I only picked up 8 of the polishes. The three polishes from the collection that I passed on were 'Coconut', a creamy white creme polish; 'Tutti Frutti', a multi-coloured glitter crelly in a sheer purple-pink base; and 'Island Punch' a dusty lilac creme polish. 

Below, I've included a picture of the 8 polishes that I purchased from the collection. The top row contains 'Very Cherry', 'Peach', 'Strawberry Cheesecake', 'Buttered Popcorn', and 'Bubble Gum', and the bottom row contains 'Green Apple', 'Berry Blue', and 'Blueberry'. The shade names with hyperlinks link to posts where I've swatched the colours. I've also used a couple of the shades in nail art which you can link to here and here.

Collections of Yore: Jelly Belly + Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Collaboration, Feb 2019


I really enjoyed this collection. I love Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes for nail stamping and nail art. The cremes are typically very opaque, highly-pigmented, one-coaters which work well for a variety of nail art applications. The shades from this collection that I have used so far have lived up to this Sally Hansen Insta-Dri reputation, and did not disappoint! I also think that the glitter crellies in the collection are really gorgeous. All in all, I'm really looking forward to using these polishes more in the future, and I am happy to have them as part of my collection!

1 comment: