Thursday, June 4, 2020

Revlon 'Whimsical'


Today, just in time for "Throwback Thursday", I have an oldie but goodie nail polish to share - Revlon's 'Whimsical'. There's quite an interesting history behind this polish. I think it came out sometime around late 2011 or early 2012.  It was a dupe for a really popular polish at the time by Deborah Lippman, called 'Glitter in the Air'. The Deborah Lippmann polish was named after and inspired by a song by the artist P!nk, which she famously performed at the 2010 Grammy Awards while doing aerial acrobatics. 

I remember being so excited to buy this polish back in the day. It looks so gorgeous in the bottle - the colours work so well together.  Also, there was a bit of a novelty factor, as crelly glitter polishes were not that common back then in mainstream brands. 

This particular bottle has held up well for how old it is (I'm not sure exactly when I bought it, and I think the polish was available for a few years after it was released). The base may have yellowed slightly, as I seem to recall it being more of a brighter sky blue, but it still looks essentially the same.

All in all, it was fun to pull this polish out of the collection and take a trip down memory lane!


No comments:

Post a Comment