Thursday, February 27, 2020

Essie Gel Couture 'Rock the Runway'

Swatch of Essie Gel Couture 'Rock the Runway' on dark skin

Today, I wanted to share a swatch of my current manicure, Essie Gel Couture 'Rock the Runway'. I recently purchased this polish after being mesmerized with the bright, cheerful shade while passing it by on a few occasions in the drug store!  I was pretty certain that I didn't really need another red polish, until I realized that everytime I saw this particular shade in the bottle in the store, I was instantly drawn to it!

I finally gave in, and purchased it on-line about a week ago. 'Rock the Runway' is a classic, true red creme polish with neutral undertones. Essie describes it on their website like this:

"gorgeous. striking. untamed. the pulsing beat of this longwear, fierce scarlet red creates instant fashion pandemonium"

LOVE!!! They hit the nail on the head with that description - the polish truly is gorgeous and striking! Now, I change my nails way too frequently to typically ever be concerned about long wear, but I can definitely vouch for how beautiful the colour is!  

The swatch above is 2 coats of the polish followed by a coat of quick-drying glossy top coat. The finish of the polish was quite shiny on its own, but I smudged my nails and had to salvage the mani with top-coat!

Label shot of Essie Gel Couture 'Rock the Runway'

No comments:

Post a Comment