Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Water-Marble Style Leadlighting Mani featuring Essie's 'Glazed Days' Collection

Essie ‘Glazed Days’,  Essie ‘Sweet Not Sour’,  Essie ‘Confection Affection’,  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ‘Silver Sweep’ (new formula),  Essie ‘Sweet Supply’,  Maniology ‘Straight Up Black’,  Essie ‘But First, Candy’, Essie ‘Ooh La Lolly’, and What’s Up Nails stamping plate B002

Polishes Used
Polishes Used
Essie ‘Glazed Days’
Essie ‘Sweet Not Sour’
Essie ‘Confection Affection’
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ‘Silver Sweep’*
Essie ‘Sweet Supply’
Maniology ‘Straight Up Black’
Essie ‘But First, Candy’
Stamping Plates Used
Essie ‘Ooh La Lolly’
What’s Up Nails plate B002
* New Formula                

Today, I have a manicure to share using the Essie 'Glazed Days' collection realeased for Summer 2019. This collection of very saturated jelly polishes lends itself quite well to a variety of nail art applications. It's been a while since I posted some nail art on my blog, so when I purchased the set, I was so excited to be able to get back to playing with polishes to create some beautiful manicures! 

For this mani, I used the Leadlighting technique, to create a look similar to a stained glass window. I started out with a silver base. I then stamped over the base with a black stamping polish, using one of the water-marble images from What's Up Nails plate B002.  Afterwards, I coloured over the silver portions between the black lines using different colours of polish from the 'Glazed Days' collection.

Below, is a picture of the materials I used to create the look:

Essie ‘Glazed Days’,  Essie ‘Sweet Not Sour’,  Essie ‘Confection Affection’,  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ‘Silver Sweep’ (new formula),  Essie ‘Sweet Supply’,  Maniology ‘Straight Up Black’,  Essie ‘But First, Candy’, Essie ‘Ooh La Lolly’, and What’s Up Nails stamping plate B002

It was so much fun creating this manicure. I really love how it turned out - I even got a really nice compliment on my nails! Below, I've included a collage of some additional shots of the manicure:

Essie ‘Glazed Days’,  Essie ‘Sweet Not Sour’,  Essie ‘Confection Affection’,  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ‘Silver Sweep’ (new formula),  Essie ‘Sweet Supply’,  Maniology ‘Straight Up Black’,  Essie ‘But First, Candy’, Essie ‘Ooh La Lolly’, and What’s Up Nails stamping plate B002

No comments:

Post a Comment