Saturday, August 2, 2014

Repurposed Mani

Today I have yet another incarnation of the 'Colourful Cartoon Mani'. I was growing tired of Version 2.0, and some of the accent nails started chipping, so I changed the worn polish with a neon yellow polish, and then stamped over everything using images from Moyou London's Hipster Collection 06.

Repurposed Nail Stamping Manicure using Moyou London Hipster Collection 06. Polishes used: OPI '4 in the Morning', Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep', Konad Special Polish in Black, and China Glaze 'Yellow Polka Dot Bikini'
Repurposed Mani


I used Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep' to stamp over OPI's '4 in the Morning'. The base colour of the accent nail is China Glaze's 'Yellow Polka Dot Bikini'.  I stamped over it with Konad's black special polish. I know, the stamping is a little crooked, but I only planned to wear the manicure for a single day, so I decided to go along with the slight imperfection. And besides, it took about 5 coats of the neon yellow to get opacity - I was not about to do that all over again! 

This was my first time using the Konad special polish. I've found that most of the other black polishes I own are quite effective for stamping, so I never really felt the need to buy the special polishes. However, recently I decided to try them out. I really do see a difference with the special polish. The black is darker, richer and deeper. I still plan to use my regular black polishes quite a bit for stamping (because they are much cheaper), but I think I will save my special polish for images with bolder lines, and larger prints, where I think the deeper black will make more of an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment