Saturday, August 30, 2014

Black Lace Mani

Today's manicure is a nice way to lighten to look of dark nail polish.  By using black lace images instead of a full black nail, you still get the chic, edginess of black nail polish, but with a bit more softness and sophistication. Now normally, I tend to shy away from doing a full set of black nails, but I'm rather pleased with how this manicure turned out:

Black Lace Nail Stamping Manicure (Right), stamped using Messy Mansion MM44. Polishes used: Konad Special Polish in Black, and Sally Hansen's 'Big Smoky Top Coat'
Black Lace Mani - Right

I used Messy Mansion's Plate MM44 for the lace images. They were stamped with Konad Special Polish in Black.  I used Sally Hansen's 'Big Smoky Top Coat' as the base for this manicure. I put one coat of the smoky top coat over my regular base coat, and then stamped the image over it.  I followed up with a coat of my usual clear glossy topcoat, and then added nail art rhinestones to my ring fingers. I finished the manicure with another coat of clear, glossy topcoat over the rhinestones to seal them on the nail. 


Black Lace Nail Stamping Manicure (Left), stamped using Messy Mansion MM44. Polishes used: Konad Special Polish in Black, and Sally Hansen's 'Big Smoky Top Coat'
Black Lace Mani - Left

The photos above are with flash. In normal lighting, the nails look a touch darker, but there still is enough contrast between the stamped image and the negative space that you can see the design. I must say that I'm really impressed with the MM44 plate. This was my first time using it, so just before I did my nails, I experimented with the images. This is the 'laciest' of all the lace plates I own - the images are more delicate and intricate than I've seen on other lace stamps. I really like it! I can't wait to try to incorporate these images into other manicures!

Sally Hansen 'Big Smoky Top Coat', and Konad Special Polish in Black
Polishes Used

No comments:

Post a Comment