Saturday, August 23, 2014

Flamingo Themed Mani

OK, so I'm realizing that I need a lot more practice with putting together a 'skittles' mani! I find it so hard to combine a bunch of different things in such a way that the whole look seems as if it belongs together. When I did my last manicure, the 'Pink, White and Silver Mani', I found inspiration for my next manicure idea from my bottle of China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy (new formula).  I fell in love with this colour, and it sort of reminded me of a flamingo. With that in mind, I decided to use it to create this flamingo themed manicure:

Flamingo Themed Nail Stamping Manicure stamped with images from Moyou London's Tropical Collection Plate 06. Polishes used: Sally Hansen 'Cur-tan Call', China Glaze 'Flip Flop Fantasy', and Konad Special Polish in White.
Flamingo Themed Mani

This manicure was a little frustrating for me. I use trial and error when I design. However, if I've tried too many times but I only end up with something halfway decent looking, I'll settle for that, and then try again another day. I'm not one for starting over too many times - I just feel like I'm wasting time, and nail polish if I scrap an OK design in my quest to make an amazing one (that's one of the great things about nail art - since it's temporary, you usually have a lot of opportunities to make it perfect!). So that's how I feel about this manicure. It is OK, but it's just not what I had envisioned. Incidentally, I did get a few compliments on it, which was nice!

I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Cur-tan Call' for the base coat on my thumb, middle finger, and ring finger, and stamped them with 'Flip Flop Fantasy'.  I used 2 coats of 'Flip Flop Fantasy' as the base on my index and pinky fingers, and stamped them with Konad Special Polish in white. The images I stamped were all from Moyou London's Tropical Collection plate 06.

I'm not done with the flamingo theme yet, and I've got some new flamingo-y ideas that I can't wait to try for my next manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment