Sunday, August 10, 2014

From the Vault: 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Inspired Mani

Here's another manicure that I did a few months back. In fact, I happen to remember that I did this manicure on May 4, 2014. The Google Doodle that day was a tribute to Audrey Hepburn, for what would be her 85th birthday. I was inspired to do this 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' themed mani to mark the occasion:

'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Inspired Nail Stamping Manicure - Right. Polishes Used: China Glaze 'For Audrey', Wet'n'Wild 'Break the Ice', Rimmel 'Black Satin', NYC 'French Tip White', Silver Glitter. Plates Used: Konad M79, and Bundle Monster BM-317.
'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Inspired Mani - Right

Naturally, I used China Glaze's 'For Audrey' as the base of the manicure. On my thumbs I did a colour-blocking effect by painting half the nail with Wet'n'Wild Megalast 'Break the Ice'.  I stamped my ring fingers with Rimmel's 'Black Satin' using an image from Moyou London's Rebel Plate 02. The white stamps on my middle and pinky fingers were done using images from Konad plate M79 and BM-317 (respectively) stamped with NYC's 'French Tip White'.  I used a silver glitter as a topcoat on my index fingers, however, I no longer remember which one I used. I also used some silver nail art tape, and some rhinestones to finish the look.

'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Inspired Nail Stamping Manicure - Left. Polishes Used: China Glaze 'For Audrey', Wet'n'Wild 'Break the Ice', Rimmel 'Black Satin', NYC 'French Tip White', Silver Glitter. Plates Used: Konad M79, and Bundle Monster BM-317.
'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Inspired Mani - Left

Overall, I like the manicure. This was my first time trying the colour-blocking effect separated by nail art tape, so it was fun to try out a new technique.  I remember that it took a long time to do since I had to wait for each colour to completely dry in order to be able to tape it off to do the other colour on the other side. I'm really impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry in the middle of a nail art project (I just want to get it over with - while I'm still in the zone!) so it's no wonder that I haven't yet repeated this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment