Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pink, White and Silver Mani

This manicure is the end result of one of those times when I knew I had to do my nails, but I had no idea what I wanted to do with them! I ended up taking a look at some of my untried polishes for inspiration. I eventually decided I wanted to use one of my pink untrieds, as well as an OPI 'liquid sand' polish that I had just purchased. So here's what I came up with:

Pink, White, and Silver Nail Stamping Manicure, stamped with Pueen Plate PUEEN04, and Moyou London Explorer Collection 22. Polishes Used: China Glaze 'White on White' and 'Flip Flop Fantasy'; OPI 'It's Frosty Outside'; and Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'.
Pink, White and Silver Mani

I used China glaze 'White on White' for the base polish on all fingers except for my ring finger. I also used OPI's Liquid Sand 'It's Frosty Outside' on my ring finger. I used China Glaze's 'Flip Flop Fantasy' (new formula) and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in 'Silver Sweep' to do the stamping and dotting over the white nails.  The stamping plates I used were PUEEN04, and Moyou London's Explorer Collection 22.  I also used one nail art rhinestone for my thumb.

This was my first experience with an OPI Liquid Sand polish. Personally, I'm not a big fan of textured nail polishes, so initially, I had decided to pass on these polishes. But then I saw a picture of a manicure someone did using 'It's Frosty Outside' and thought it looked so sparkly and opulent! That swayed me into buying one to try it out.

Now that I've tried it, I think that in real life, this polish seems a little more dull on the hand than it does in pictures. In pictures, it looks like a layer of crushed sparkly diamonds, but in real life it seems kind of like light gray sandpaper with pieces of silver glitter throughout. From the name, I guess that is what they were going for, and it is actually an interesting look, but it's just not as shiny and blingy as I hoped. I'm tempted to try a layer of topcoat, even though the tag on the bottle says not to.

As for the other (previously) untried polish, Flip Flop Fantasy, I'm very pleased with how bright and fun the color is. In fact, it has inspired a great idea for my next manicure, ensuring that for my next mani I won't be in the same predicament I found myself in when I started this one! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment