Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Revlon Red Polish Comparison


Today I have a mega-comparison post to share, featuring my Revlon red nail polishes. For now, this will probably be the last of the Revlon series of posts that I've been doing for the last little while.

Altogether I have 10 Revlon red polishes: 4 metallic/shimmers, and 6 cremes. Technically, one of the cremes, Revlon 'Valentine', is actually more of a crelly.  In the collage above, I have swatched each polish on a different nail. As you can see, there is a wide range of shades and finishes of red in the set of polishes from the brightest red creme (Revlon Red), to the vampiest, deep burgundy metallic (Divine).


There are two pairs of polishes that are very similar to each other. The first pair is 'Get Reddy', and 'Frankly Scarlet'. They are both mid-tone red shimmer polishes with gold shimmer particles, but 'Frankly Scarlet' has slightly warmer undertones, while 'Get Reddy' has slightly more blue-based undertones.  The next pair of similar shades is 'Bewitching' and 'Raven Red'. Both shades are deeper burgundy-reds, but 'Bewitching' which Revlon's website describes as a "glossy cranberry-red" has cooler undertones, while 'Raven Red', described as a "glossy red-burgundy" is slightly warmer. I will just quickly cite now that from this point on in the post, any descriptions in quotes are quoted directly from Revlon's website.

I've already done individual swatch posts on 'Cherries in the Snow', a "glossy red-pink"; 'Raven Red', and 'Valentine', a "glossy brown-red".  I have also used a lot of the other shades in nail art posts I made previously: 'Revlon Red', a "glossy strawberry-red" was used in my 'Red, Yellow, Green and Black Plaid Nails' post. 'Spidey Sense', a limited edition shade released in 2014 as part of Revlon's 'Electric Chrome Spiderman Collection' that was a cross-promotion with the movie 'The Amazing Spiderman 2', was used in my '60's Print Mani Version 2.0'. 'Frankly Scarlet' was used in my 'Autumn Leaves Mani using China Glaze Aut-umm I Need That'. 'Divine' a "glossy shimmering burgundy" was used in my 'Burgundy and Silver Halloween Manicure'. 'Bewitching' was used in 2 posts: The 'Christmas Splotch Test Mini Post', as well as my 'Christmas Skittles Mani'.


'Vixen', and 'Get Reddy' appear to be the only two shades that I haven't previously blogged about. 'Vixen' is a deep, vampy, burgundy creme polish which Revlon describes as a "glossy brown-plum", and 'Get Reddy', which was mentioned earlier in this post, was already described above. 

Overall I think this is a pretty great range - there's a red for pretty much every mood. Also, all of the polishes have pretty good formulas with excellent coverage, and a high-shine finish. My favourites are probably the red shimmer/metallic shades 'Frankly Scarlet', 'Get Reddy', and 'Spidey Sense', as I typically prefer wearing metallic reds over cremes. My least favourites are probably 'Divine' and 'Vixen' only because I tend to not like wearing dark colours on my nails.

I just did a quick check of Revlon's website, and it looks like 7 of these 10 shades are currently still on the market: all but 'Frankly Scarlet', 'Get Reddy', and 'Spidey Sense'. Hopefully this comparison post will be of assistance to anyone interested in any of these shades.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to say I recently learned of your blog and I AM SO GRATEFUL! Thank you so much for this labor of love, especially all the reds you've reviewed!

    ReplyDelete