Sunday, February 9, 2020

Revlon 'Raven Red'

swatch of Revlon's 'Raven Red' nail polish on Dark Skin

As promised, for today's post I am continuing with a Revlon swatch. From what I've gathered on-line, it seems that today's swatch, Revlon's 'Raven Red' may possibly be the oldest Revlon shade still available today.  Apparently, the shade debuted in 1945! If so, that would make 2020 the 75th anniversary of the shade! It truly boggles my mind that women around the world have been enjoying the exact same nail polish shade for 3 quarters of a century - I guess if it ain't broke, there's no need to fix it!

The polish is a warm-toned red creme, with a nice glossy finish. It is a classic, easy-to-wear colour that would suit a variety of skin tones. I purchased this polish fairly recently, so this is only the first time that I've worn it. Overall, I enjoyed wearing this shade, and I'm glad that it has joined my collection!

It's funny, but I don't really recall ever seeing this shade in stores, however, I did find it to be readily available with major on-line retailers. I suppose that the displays in the stores only stock a limited amount of shades due to space constraints.


No comments:

Post a Comment