Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Autumn Leaves Mani using China Glaze 'Aut-umm I Need That'

I recently purchased China Glaze's 'Aut-umm I Need That' from the Fall 2018 'Ready to Wear' collection. I normally am not drawn to brown polishes, but Aut-umm...'s beautiful shimmer that seems to reflect all of the greens, oranges, reds and golds of the changing fall leaves, caught my eye, and compelled me to purchase it!  Not only that, I also decided that I simply must do a 'fall leaves' manicure using this polish as soon as possible!

This manicure is the result:

Brown manicure using advanced stamping technique to apply coloured leave decals to accent some of the fingers. Amber coloured gems are used on accents for the other fingers.
Autumn Leaves Mani
I used 'Aut-umm I Need That' as the base colour for all of my nails, and then I used bundle monster plate BM-S321 (from the 'Botanicals Collection') to create fall leaf decals using the advanced stamping technique. The leaves are outlined in gold, and then filled in with various autumn colours.

First, here's a close up bottle shot of 'Aut-umm I Need That' which shows the beautiful shimmer:

Close up Bottle shot of China Glaze 'Aut-umm I Need That', nail polish


And here's a shot of all seven polishes I used to create this manicure:

Nicole by OPI 'Boys 'N Berry', OPI 'Atomic Orange', China Glaze 'Accent Piece', Sally Hansen 'Liquid Gold', China Glaze 'Baroqe Jungle', China Glaze 'Aut-umm I Need That', Revlon 'Frankly Scarlet'
Polishes Used

Polishes Used
Nicole by OPI 'Boys 'N Berry'
OPI 'Atomic Orange'
China Glaze 'Accent Piece'
Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold'
China Glaze 'Baroque Jungle'
China Glaze 'Aut-umm I Need That'
Revlon 'Frankly Scarlet' (745)

 I'm so happy with the way the manicure turned out! After applying the 6 leaf decals I created to 3 fingers on each hand, I applied amber coloured nail gems to the other two fingers to accent the look. Below I have included a couple of shots of my left hand.


Just for fun, I've included a link to my 'Fall Colours Mani' from 2014 where I used the 'Leadlight Technique to colour in a full nail stamping image from a different bundle monster plate, BM-H11.

No comments:

Post a Comment