Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Blue and Gold Mani with Water Marble Decal Accent

Well, hello!  It's been a while, but I'm finally back.  I really can't believe how quickly time flies - one minute you're in the groove of updating your blog, and the next, over 2 years have passed since you last posted! As I explained in my 'Nail Polish Declutter' post, I had been taking a hiatus from nail art. I recently decided to try to get back into it again, so I'm restarting this blog to journal my journey.

Manicure with electric blue and gold nail polish, and purple, grey, teal, and blue, water marble decal accent nail with gold and electric blue dots.
Blue and Gold Mani with Water Marble Decal Accent

The picture above is a quick manicure I did using two Orly polishes from my collection that caught my eye ('Luxe' and 'Sweet Peacock'), and one of the water marble decals I made in my 'Water Marbling Made Easy' post over 3 years ago (yes, it was one of the exact same decals I made that long ago - they really hold up well when carefully stored away between sheets of paper towel!). To jazz up the look, I made a diagonal stripe of gold on the thumbnail, and used a dotting tool to make contrasting dots and rings on some of my nails. Not bad for my first attempt at nail art in what feels like ages!

I actually did this look a few weeks ago, but it took me a while to post it. I'm working with all different equipment from the last time I posted, so it took some time to get all my files, gear and programs together to be able to start blogging again.

Orly 'Luxe' and 'Sweet Peacock'
Polishes Used: Orly polishes 'Luxe' and 'Sweet Peacock'
All in all, I'm happy with the way this look turned out. I'm also really looking forward to posting new looks in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment