Sunday, September 16, 2018

Venetian Marble Mani

Today's manicure is a really fun look I did using a stamped marble image, and three polishes from OPI's Venice Collection from fall/winter 2015. I'm calling it my Venetian Marble Mani.

White, black, and gold manicure with nail stamped images simulating striations in marble. Gold, ring finger accent nail with a light blue accent gem.
Venetian Marble Manicure
Polishes Used
OPI 'My Gondola or Yours?'
OPI 'Baroque... But Still Shopping!'
OPI 'I Cannoli Wear OPI'

For this manicure, I started with a white base of OPI's 'I Cannoli Wear OPI' on all of my nails except for my ring finger. I then used Moyou London nail stamping plate 'Let's Nail Moscow X MYL 01' to stamp the marble striations in black using OPI's 'My Gondola or Yours?'. For my ring finger accent nail, I used OPI's 'Baroque... But Still Shopping!', and finished it off by centering a small light blue gem at the base of the nail.

OPI  Polishes: 'My Gondola or Yours?', 'Baroque... But Still Shopping!', and 'I Cannoli Wear OPI'
Polishes Used

I really like how this one turned out, however if I had to do it again, I would like to try double stamping another marble image with some gold polish on the white and black nails, to simulate gold veining in the marble. I would also like to play around with either top-coating the stamped nails with a white crelly polish to slightly cover the stamped image, or mixing grey and black polish on the plate to get a more mottled uneven effect with the darker lines. I think these changes would add a bit more dimension to the look.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the look - and I even got a couple of compliments too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment