Saturday, April 18, 2015

Water Marble Decal Mani: Gold, Red, Blue, and Green

Today I have another water marble decal manicure to share:

Water marble decal mani using gold fleck base polish, and featuring sections of red, blue, and green water marble selectively placed on the nail.

My last manicure ended up looking very 60's, and funnily enough, this one is very 70's looking to me... apparently, I'm just moving my way along through the decades! Again, this wasn't intentional. I did the water marbling separately, and paired the gold base polish with it after the fact.

Polishes Used: 
NYC 'Times Square'
NYC 'Water Street Blue'
Misa 'Epiphany'
NYC 'NY Blues'
NYC 'High Line Green'

Misa 'Epiphany', NYC 'Times Square', NYC 'High Line Green', NYC 'NY Blues', and NYC 'Water Street Blue'

This manicure really highlights one of the benefits of making water marble decals over the traditional water marbling method: You have way more control with placement. With decals, you can cut the marbled polish sheets into any shape you want, and layer it over your base polish in creative ways. This also allows you to use a lot more of the decal sheet, since you can find use for even little scraps of marbled polish.

I made around 20 water marble decals during my experiment with this technique. I'm not sure how long they will last, so I'm going to attempt to use them up over the next several manicures. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment