Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mani-Swap: Pink, Purple, and Glitter Combo

I recently did a mani-swap with an amazing friend of mine who is also a nail polish enthusiast. I designed a manicure for her to wear using polishes from her collection, and she designed one for me to wear using polishes from my collection. Here is the super-cute manicure she designed for me:

Skittles manicure with purple, fuchsia, and coral polishes covered in a purple, fuchsia,and orange glitter. Accent nail is covered with a traditional metallic glitter with lilac, pink, and plum tones.

It's so exciting to be exposed to different styles and combinations like this! This mani is so bright and fun - I love it! Also, I've really started embracing my glitters again, now that I have the peel-off base coat, so it's great to be able to do another glitter mani! I also really like how she used all of the colours from 'Let the Beat Drop' as the base colours for the manicure. Here are the polishes from my collection that she chose for the manicure:

Polishes Used:
Maybelline Color Show 'Pink Shock'
China Glaze 'Let the Beat Drop'
Essie 'Jamaica Me Crazy'
Misa 'Bubblepop'
OPI 'Blush Hour'

Maybelline Color Show ‘Pink Shock’, China Glaze ‘Let the Beat Drop’, Essie ‘Jamaica Me Crazy’, Misa ‘BubblePop’, and OPI ‘Blush Hour’

Another great thing about this manicure is that all of these polishes were previously 'untrieds' in my collection. Now, 'Bubblepop' and 'Let the Beat Drop' are pretty new - I've only owned them for about a month or less - but the others I've had for at least a year or two! It feels really great to get these off the untried list!

Now, as for my first impressions with the polishes - I'm really in love with both of the glitters! The main glitter, 'Let the Beat Drop' is from the new Summer 2015 China Glaze 'Electric Nights' Collection. I instantly snapped up all 3 of the neon matte glitters the moment I laid eyes on them at one of the beauty supply stores that I pretty much live in! LOL!!! I used one of them, 'Point me to the Party' in a previous mani, and I can't wait to try something out with the other, 'Can I Get an Untz Untz' (a blue, green and purple neon matte glitter).The other glitter in this manicure, 'Blush Hour' was from OPI's 'Spotlight on Glitters' collection which I believe was released around March 2014. It's so beautiful! I can't wait to play around with this one some more!

'Jamaica Me Crazy' is such a sassy, funky purplish-pink, and the cheeky name just takes the cake! This has always been a sentimental favourite for me, but now that I've tried the colour and love it, it's just a plain old favourite! 'Bubblepop' is such a summery, shimmery, gorgeous shade of coral, and 'Pink Shock' is a really nice super-pigmented fuchsia jelly. If you couldn't tell, I really love all of these colors!

Additional shots of the Mani Swap Manicure

This was such a fun experience! I just want to send a big shout out to my friend. Thanks for designing this gorgeous manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment