Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Neon Rainbow Glitter Mani

I recently purchased China Glaze 'Point Me to the Party' from their new 'Electric Nights' collection for summer 2015. I was so eager to try it out that decided to throw together a simple glitter mani.

White frost base polish topped with silver micro glitter, and then a neon rainbow glitter

Polishes Used:
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength 'Diamonds'
China Glaze 'Point Me To The Party'
Revlon 'Pure Pearl'

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength 'Diamonds', China Glaze 'Point Me To The Party', and Revlon 'Pure Pearl'

My first idea for this manicure, was to use a white creme polish as the base, and then put the neon glitter over it. However, since the look was so simple, I decided to try to do something a little different.  I decided to try out a white frost polish as the base, and then I put a silver micro-glitter over it. Then I put the neon glitter over all of that.

Truthfully, I'm a little disappointed with the way the mani turned out. I really don't like how bumpy the base looks. I had to use 2 coats of the white, one coat each of the glitters, and the topcoat over all of that.  I'm not sure if the 5 coats caused bubbling, or if the micro-glitter has taken on the appearance of bubbles, - or perhaps both.  However, I really do like the glitter - it's so bright and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment