Friday, April 3, 2015

Crackle Polish Challenge #21 - Blue Patchwork Base Crackle Mani

2015 Crackle Polish Challenge Manicure #21

Featured crackle application:
Using a multi-coloured base underneath crackle polish

Featured crackle polish:
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Distressed Denim'

Crackle manicure using multiple shades of blue as the base layer, and topped with royal blue crackle topcoat

Polishes Used:
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Distressed Denim'
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Tulle Kit'
Essie 'Borrowed & Blue'
Essie 'Smooth Sailing'
Lise Watier 'Blue-tiful'
Borghese Rapido 'Capriccio Blue'
China Glaze 'Water You Waiting For'
Nicole by OPI 'Top of My World' (from the Justin Bieber Collection)

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Distressed Denim', Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Tulle Kit', Essie 'Borrowed & Blue', Essie 'Smooth Sailing', Lise Watier 'Blue-tiful', Borghese Rapido 'Capriccio Blue', China Glaze 'Water You Waiting For', and Nicole by OPI 'Top of My World'
Polishes Used
Today, I am so pleased to present the 21st and final manicure of the 2015 Crackle Polish Challenge! After two and a half months of using predominantly crackle polishes, I'm really excited about being free to use other polishes, styles, and techniques again!

For this manicure, I started with a base coat of the sheerest base polish - 'Tulle Kit'. Then, I applied the 5 other base polishes randomly on sections of each nail. I called this a patchwork base mani because the sections I used were uniform: I divided each nail into six parts, and each part was filled with a stroke of a different polish. The end result reminded me of a patchwork quilt!

collage showing how the blue patchwork base layer was created for the 'patchwork base crackle mani'
Base Layers
Next I applied the crackle polish in short, slightly spaced out, strokes. Then I topped everything off with an iridescent blue glitter topcoat, and then a layer of a glossy, quick dry topcoat. I'm quite happy with the results. I like how the use of different colours, sheens, and textures for the base coat transformed the crackle polish look into an abstract pattern.

I'm planning to do one final 'Crackle' post in which I sum up the challenge, and I also hope I'll be able to squeeze in an Easter Mani at some point.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment